Monday, February 9, 2009

Nope, didn't get it done

And what more can I say. Baby Hoard Dragon is finished in terms of completing the front of the quilt. I glued on the "jewels, but sewed everything else. Now I have to back it and bind it,but I found that I didn't have enough fabric from amongst the ones I dyed. So yesterday I put on several pieces of fabric to dye. Again, I'm stunned at what beautiful greens and teal blues I get when I use black dye (lol) I'm hoping to be able to match the colour I used for the background. Since I used a different method to dye that fabric, this is really going to be a challenge. (The gradation dyeing I used for the first batch isn't possible during the winter, as I have to work outside. The deadline for this quilt is Mach 31) And I want to have several pieces dyed before I wash them, -- the special soap I need to use is expensive, as is the water for a washer load. So today I plan to dye. Baby Hoard Dragon will have to wait a couple of more days for her backing.

One good thing is that I will have lots of time to work today. The forecast is for rain--in Winnipeg--in February. Evidently this happens about once every 20 years. So the best response is to stay home. Only a fool would be out driving once the temperature drops below freezing again--and it will later in the day.

No comments: