Sunday, February 1, 2009

Busy Saturday

I took a class from Heather Lair, a local quilter who has been quite successful at supporting herself with her quilting. She is very traditionally based in her work, but every thing has a twist. I have known for some time that she has been quite influenced by Klimpt, and it really shows in her work. I finished the top for the project, and now it's ready for quilting. She hand quilts everything, but that's not for me!

She is also a FAN member and we had a chance to chat during the lunch break. She is interested in helping out with the planning for a FAN retreat for the fall of 2010, so I guess we can start the ball rolling with that.

A couple of people offered critiques of Baby Hoard Dragon. Their suggestions were interesting and I tried to improve the background a bit by adding some dry brushed gold paint to emphasize the quilting. Big Mistake!! So this version is now an official disaster, and I'm going to have to start over again. The show entry deadline is March 31st. I have three deadlines on that day, and I'm not sure what will be going where, or even if I'll be able to meet all three, in any case.

No comments: