Sunday, February 15, 2009

The two youngest grand babies came for supper last night, while their parents had a quiet Valentine's Day supper somewhere else. The children are always pleasant here, but the look on their faces when they see their Mom come to get them is a joy to see. The littlest one is having problems with eczema on her face, which worries me, but the doctor is treating it, so we just hope for the best. They'll be back tonight.

On my internet groups there are a lot of people happy because they've got word that they've been accepted into the various shows associated with the International Quilt Festival (IQF)in Chicago in April, but I've heard nothing! I entered two pieces, Mother Earth-In the Beginning, and Broken Rules. A friend, who also entered, is sad after receiving an e-mail telling her that her piece wasn't accepted, so I know that they are informing unsuccessful entries as well as the successful ones. Now I'm worried that my entries--done by e-mail--never got there. I have another show for Mother Earth, and have to get that entry in asap. I have three entries going to the Manitoba Craft Council Members' Show this week--hooray!

But all of this makes me want to make another list. I've just about finished the last one for pending show entries. I have a small commission to finish by mid-March as well. I think I want to try some work incorporating silk paper, but I'll have to make the silk paper first!

No comments: