Sunday, February 8, 2009

On track and truckin'




Baby Hoard Dragon is looking good. I'm now on to the beading of her hoard. I'm finding that the quilted background just isn't firm enough to support the beading and I added a strip of interfacing across the hoard area, but now I see that I'm going to have to interface the whole thing. I hope to finish her today. And then it's on to the Bike Dump. I can't remember if I spoke about the Bike Dump. This is for the Urban Decay challenge. The challenge is to take a picture of an example of urban decay, and then take a part, or fragment of the picture and develop it into a quilt. I found a gorgeous site behind the old Occidental Hotel. It is a fenced off area with oodles and oodles of graffitti, but it's been used as a dump for old bicycles. There are all these wheels sticking up out of the snow. I plan to create some sort of abstract image using circles based on the wheels, and then incorporate the colours of the graffittti. There is actually a sign on the fence that says "Bike Dump". And don't think that it wasn't scary taking those pictures in a lane behind the hotel!

DD has to go out this afternoon, and was worried about getting over for supper, so we are going there--again--and taking food. Just as well as the tv this morning said that we're under a winter storm watch. So again I can procrastinate over the housework

No comments: