Friday, January 30, 2009

Frustrations

I acomplished very little yesterday, despite managing to find two hours to spend in the studio. I find that the more housework I do, the more I see that needs doing. Some of it is dependent on me finding money--such as painting the kitchen and getting the rugs cleaned--but the kitchen looks dirty just by virtue of needing painting. I spilt coffee on the floor today, and now feel that I should be washing it. The other thing is that, even when I can find time to be in the studio, I have trouble focussing for more than a few minutes, because it's been so long since I was able to focus for more than a few minutes. I have to re-train myself to work for longer periods of time-if I ever organize longer periods of time.

I signed up for a workshop tomorrow. Just a silly little thing, but I'm hoping it will jump start my creativity. The instructor is a member of FAN, and I want to talk to her --if we can find a minute--about the possibility of organizing a FAN retreat here in Manitoba. It would be fantastic to be able to actually have one here without having the expense of flying across the country. there are two of us interested, but we both feel that we would need a third person to help withthe organizing.

No comments: