Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wool

Visited the wool lady today. She has a big building, and obviously does most of her own dyeing etc. Her dyes are supposedly eco friendly, and come from Australia. She had them put up in sample packs for duffers like me. Each package contains 6-10gm packages of dye powder. So I now have 18 different colours to play with. BUT-she couldn't sell me any roving--she was completely sold out! So I'll use what little roving I have, and then work with the uncombed wool I have. BONUS! The same dye and method will also dye silk. I just happen to have a bag of Bombyx silk roving and will be trying to dye that as well.

But tonight we ended up babysitting our youngest DGD for a couple of hours while her parents went out for supper. She is a joy, especially one on one. When her parents returned she had to tell them all about the time with us. At least I assume that's what she was saying--who knows!
But it was so very conversational I would have sworn she was talking to them. DD says that she talks to the dog and cat all the time. I guess we usually see her with her older sister, and the little one's talk gets lost in the shuffle.

No comments: