Monday, January 5, 2009

Another funeral!

This one is more of a duty type of event, not a relative. A very well-known lady with the Crafts Guild of Manitoba. Another Crafts Musem Board member and I are going to attend to represent the Museum. We had agreed to do it thinking that it was very close to a wool studio we had wanted to visit. As it turned out the studio is closed today. Still a miserable day--cold and colder. But at least it's stopped snowing. The little ones were here for supper yesterday. The littlest one was tired and cranky--did nothing but cry. We tried everything to get her to sleep or to calm down, but nothing worked, so finally her Mom took her home. Not a pleasant visit, but the other girl was a delight. She ate supper something she doesn't always do, and didn't interfere with our efforts to comfort her sister. By the time they left both DH and I were exhausted, so again an early night. By 5:30 this morning I was slept out, and up doing the typing for my class next Saturday.

My Ravenesque group is supposed to be here tonight, but I've had a lot of regrets, so I'm not sure what the day holds.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Sorry about that, we got home past around 6.10 and by the time we heated up the food and ate it, it was 6.50PM, so there wasn't any time to get to your place. Ironically I was very close being at my chiropractor at 5.30 (it took that long from work).