Sunday, January 25, 2009

More totes?!

Going through my stash I found supplies for two totes all cut up ready to sew, including the webbing for handles, so I spent yesterday making them up. I used to make these for craft sales, with a hand embroidered panel on the front. When I look back, I was a fool. I would spend six to eight hours embroidering each one and then make it up. I was trying to sell them for $12 about 20 years ago, and not being too successful--which is why I stopped doing it. These may not sell either, but I only spent about an hour making couched flower collages on the front of both. I just couldn't make myself throw the whole bag out. They both turned out rather well, but when I was doing the final ironing on one I accidently touched the webbing--and it melted. I don't know if anyone other than I would notice it. the second one is very nice. I need new batteries for my camera--the charger just isn't working right--but that won't happen until , at least Wednesday, so no pictures right now.

The weather is bitter cold right now. High wind chills with many, many warnings on radio and tv. So yesterday I phoned DD to talk about dinner tonight. She was concerned as well, so DH and I are driving out there tonight instead of them coming in. We are taking food, and the little ones get to stay in their own home, and maybe be able to stick with whatever bed time routine they have. DD actually said that she had been going to call and ask, so maybe she is starting to think aobut making things easier for everyone too. I have ameeting out of town this afternoon, so it isn't putting us out to any extent either.

There are still lots of phone calls to make. I should have done it yesterday, but I'll try to make some this mornign. I have a couple of contracts to get in the mail. I'll get them ready and drop them off tomorrow. These lists sure help me get organized.

No comments: