Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Been busy with house work the last couple of days. DH is going through one of his "I won't do anything I don't want to" periods, which means that I get the privilege of doing everything, except watching Turner Classic Movies and playing internet poker. I did get some time in the studio Monday evening and yesteday afternoon. I puttered around playing with my stash and before I realized it, I had the beginnning of a small piece, using my hand dyed fabric. It is together now, but I have to do some more machine sewing on it. Part of it is quilted, and all of the applique is fused. I plan to sew down the applique with buttonhole stitch, finish the quilting, and then figure out how to bind it. I sort of hope I can get it finished for the Quilters Guild meeting Friday night.

I've been talking to a couple of friends ( what else can you do when it -40) Everyone is feeling "bushed"/cabin fever, whatever you call it when you are stuck inside and are slowly going crazy. I think this is the longest cold spell we've been through since moving back to Winnipeg in 1975. I remember another long cold spell when we were in Edmonton. I think it was 40 days when the temperature didn't get above -20C. I remember them selling T-shirts that said something like "I survived the big chill". I was working at the time and had a small child--not great!

I have to go out for a meeting at the Museum this morning. Thank Goodness this cold means that there isn't much snow to clear off the car. I had to go over to a friend's house yesterday to pick up a ruler I was borrowing ( Ever used a wavy edge ruler--sort of an oxymoron, isn't it?) and we stopped at Canadian Tire to buy new scrapers--the others are just about worn out. Only in Canada, eh?

No comments: