Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just a note

to say that nothing has changed since yesterday. We met DD and the grands at Michael's about 5:30 yesterday. They were all cranky. I guess the little ones had just come from the sitter and were hungry. Looking at them, I think of myself and my little ones at that age. Too much stress, too little sleep etc. Life isn't fair. Moms should have time and leisure to enjoy little ones while they are little. But then you end up stuck in the house with no money and very little adult interaction. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to help. Not much without major lifestyle change on both our parts. I think I need to talk to her about it, in any case. Her response may be that I should take the children more often so that she can get away and get things done, but I think they need more relaxed time with their Mom. If I could take care of more of the household things like meals, and shopping etc. but that then becomes intrusive into their life. Can't win.

Got my lists mostly done, and as usual, once I get everything written down, the whole thing becomes more manageable. Lots of paper work to do, and lots of phone calls to make. Poker Stars is now shutting down for three hours every afternoon. Drives DH crazy,and he is playing more in the mornings, and late at night. But it means that I can use the computer in the afternoons, rather than having to get up early or stay up late.

No comments: