Thursday, January 1, 2009

Scraps are done!

I had set a deadline 0f Dec 31, and I made it. I haven't done all of the sewing on the small purses--7 more out of dark scraps--and I haven't matted the two dark collages, although I have ordered the matts. Quite an exercise! Once I had finished tidying the basement and studio, I spent yesterday playing with the needlefelter. One of the video's I bought ( the best of the bunch)was on needlefelting, and I tried a couple of the techniques she had demonstrated. Unfortunately I broke three needles--all at the same time. So I'll have to get out and buy some. Maybe on Saturday, when we're out to the funeral, as it is on the other side of town, and the quilt store on the way.

But the reason for the deadline was that I now have to settle down and work on the class I proposed for Seminar 2010. I need to have samples ready for photography by March, although I haven't yet received my contract. This is going to be a struggle for me, as I now have ideas in mind that are screaming to get out. I have to control them and work on the samples. I knew that this would happen, when I applied for the job, and knew that it would be a struggle.

But nothing for today as we have a meal to produce for the whole family. and DH was just in to comment on how very, very quiet the usually very busy street is. At 8:30 am on New Year's Day are we surprised?

No comments: