Friday, January 2, 2009

Early morning again.

It's getting to be quite a habit to spend the first few minutes of my day here. DH had a good day yesterday. His birthday wish was to spend the day with his family, and he did. The meal went well, but I won't cook veggies that way again. I think I was the only one who enjoyed them. It was quite a challenge to put together a meal in such a way as to keep clutter and dirty pots to a minimum, so that we could use the kitchen to eat. The only pots I have to worry about today ( because I just couldn't face washing them last night) are my two slow cookers. Lots of errands to run today, and a big fabric sale to attend.

One of my internet groups has been spending a lot of time talking about setting goals for the year, as opposed to making resolutions. Two distinctly different processes. The trouble with goals is that, unless you know where you are going, you can't make concrete plans for getting there. I've spent more than a couple of years trying to figure out where I want to go with my art, and I don't think I'm any closer to an answer. I did find out that CD burners are not as expensive as I had thought, so one step on the journey for the year may be to actually learn how to produce my own CD's for entering shows.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

What fabric sale? Fabricland? I can't say that I went anywhere for any sales.. Not yet anyhow.