Saturday, January 3, 2009

Emotions

The funeral turned out to be a very emotional experience for me. I was caught by surprize by how the church, and the situation affected me. The music, in particular, brought out unexpected feelings, thoughts, and memories. I came home and read for a little while and then was overcome with fatigue, and slept for almost two hours.

The city is a mess with snow and more snow. Traffic was a horror with falling snow, slippery roads, and snow removal equipment everywhere. But on the way home we shopped. I picked up most of the stuff I needed for the kits for my class next weekend. I had wanted those little paper face masks for the students to wear while mixing dye. (they'll only be mixing once and it only takes a minute, but I need to make the point that the dry powder can present a potential respiratory danger) Well, it seems that they aren't sold anymore ( maybe they don't work?) We finally found a minimum safety level disposable face mask in the third store we visited, and I had to buy one for each student, as well as disposable gloves. We found those in WalMart--one box on clearance. Now we're finally home, I plan to stay here for awhile.

No comments: