Monday, April 13, 2009

back to the real world

I've had three weeks of adventures, I've managed to get into the studio and actually start a new piece, but now life intervenes. I have paperwork to do for three of the organizations I belong to, and I have to price and tag all of the things I'm taking to the sale next weekend, as well as prepare a very detailed inventory in triplicate.

Even though I'm no longer working, I still see Easter Monday as a holiday. I guess the truth is that every day should be a holiday now that I'm retired.. It's not working that way--what went wrong?

But the snow is melting. Rain last night helped. I can see my Hellebore leaves, but no flowers yet. The street is almost dry, so my bicycle is starting to call. We're sleeping with the windows open again. Easter Monday should be called "Little Thanksgiving". We made it through another Manitoba winter.

No comments: