Sunday, April 12, 2009

Card games

Yesterday was quite an experience. DS and I played cribbage with his two childen, and it was sort of fun. Then he wanted to try to teach them the basic concepts of card games with "tricks" and 'trumps". So we taught them whist, first as a no trump game and then with trump. After we ate, we just wanted to have fun and played a game called "99". I didn't remember playing it before, but the children did. Fortunately it was simple enough, that my 4 yearold DGD was able to participate. She was absolutely thrilled. She couldn't do the math, but she knew when to grab a card off the pile, and the game was fast enough, that nobody got bored. I can see a lot of this game in my future.
Now I have a full day a head of me to spend in the studio. Leftovers for supper, since we cooked a turkey for yesterday. We had been worried as it looked like a tough old bird, and we had bought it from the Hutterites, but it was one of the best turkeys I 've had in awhile.

No comments: