Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Lone Ranger

for some reason, DH decided that it was time to help me with my sorting. It was great to have him available to help with the heavier things. However, when he helps, he is incharge and I fetch and carry. I also tend to sort into piles, so that my work looks much messier than it really is. He had many suggestions about how I could work more efficiently and how much neater my work space would be if it was arranged differently. Hard to remember that I was the one who spent four years at university learning about things like work simplification, task analysis, and ergonomics. Anyway, my storeroom is now neatly arranged with two new rolling drawer units, where things can be hidden out of sight so that I'll never remember where I put them. The center of the floor is clear and I can actually get in there and walk around.
One good thing came out of this. When he had placed my sewing machine against a wall with my body completely blocking off any light, I mentioned that maybe this might be a problem. So he spent some time yesterday out pricing lights and then on the phone widening the search. The only light he found was $249.95, so he decided that we just couldn''t afford it. Then in this morning's paper I found a coupon for the same light for 50% off . So guess where we were at store opening.

He has also upgraded our computer, and we have the Geek 'Squad coming this morning to set us up. That should be an interesting experience.

No comments: