Sunday, April 26, 2009

More red box

Couching this metallic thread is pretty intense work, so I'm having to pace myself carefully. If I work too long I start to get sloppy, and it shows in the finished product. I've got half the naked tree done. I have some dimensional leaves ready, but, looking at how the tree is shaping up, I realize that I'm going to need quite a few done in gold, not just the red I've got so far. Making the leaves is just as painstaking work as the tree, so I can see that this will be a slow project.

At the same time I'm making fabric paper. I decided to make up quite a bit of it, and stockpile it. The paper-making process takes two or three days for each batch, so it isn't anything I could put together at the last minute, if I should need more stock for a sale So far I have 15 pieces, each about 11 x 16, in a bunch of different colours, but I'm going to need some larger ones for different projects, as well.

But a busy day today. I have a meeting out of town this afternoon, so have to get as much of supper ready this morning as I can, as DD and the grandbabies are coming for supper tonight. I had hoped to sleep longer, as I like to be fresh when the children come, but no such luck.

No comments: