Saturday, April 11, 2009

DH went to the little mall across the street today to buy a lottery ticket. When he got home he casually mentioned that he had been in the Giant Tiger store and had seen blackberries for $0.99/1/2 pint. Blackberries are very hard to find in Manitoba,and I like to use them when I make brambleberry jelly, so I ran over and bought 5 baskets. So "big Whoop" you say, so what? Well I always associate blackberries with my father. He used to pick them on Vancouver island, and once even brought home a milkcarton full of them to me here. So for the past few hours I've been thinking of my father and remembering the times we had with him and the sense of family that these memories always bring to me. A very bittersweet day. Both of my children and all of my grandchildren will be over for supper. Not the formal Easter feast that we might have tomorrow, but probably an informal buffet meal while we play games--a much better plan when there are children involved--and a much better family memory to be making.

No comments: