Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Snow is almost gone!

I can see most of the back yard and some of the front yard. The rhubarb is up--was probably starting to come up under all that snow! I got the bulk of my inventory done yesterday and then wasted time playing poker. With the two computers we can both play at the same time. I've been signed up for almost two weeks and was frustrated by losing and having to go through a whole rigamarole to get more chips--even if they are only play money. So DH used the lap top a couple of times and won a bit to get me going. But I won a little bit on Monday and had a good day yesterday, so now I have a stack of around $10,000 in play money dollars. It only costs $320 to get into a tournament, so this should keep me going for a couple of days, or maybe a couple of weeks!

Ran into a little problem with my newest piece and had to spend some time reverse stitching yesterday. I hope to finish the inventory this morning. I'm out this afternoon, at a meeting of the Tuesday Night Stitchers who Meet on Wednesday Afternoon. But then I should have all of this evening and all day tomorrow to work on it. Now I have an idea of another piece to make. This would be just a learning piece and never intended for show or sale. I've been skimming through the Quilt Art Book, and want to try two or three of the techniques described in there. So I'm going to try putting them all in one piece. Usually I shudder at people who try to put every technique they know into the same piece, but this will give me a chance to try these things, and no-one need ever see it.

Read in the paper this morning the Mt Redoubt, in Alaska, has been erupting since late March, and spewing very fine dust into the stratosphere. This is giving us spectacular sunsets, but my allergies have been causing me problems for about the same time. I wonder if there's a connection.

No comments: