Friday, April 24, 2009

It must be that time of year...

I'm feeling overwhemed by all of my volunteer obligations. Everything seems to come to a head about this time of year, and the responsibillities just make me want "out". I'm also finding that my ideas often are 90 or even 180 degrees from the ideas of others. For a long time I thought this meant that I was an original thinker, but now I wonder if I'm not just weird. Anyway, today is just a private pity party.

I'm not getting my sewing done, and really need to get back to it. So often I procrastinate by doing what I want to do at the moment instead of what needs to be done. Now I have deadlines looming. As well, I found out about another local show that Iwould very much like to enter, although I have nothing to enter at this point.

But for the past few days every joint in my body hurts, including my hands. Weather? Over use? DS showed me a game on my lap top and I played that for two hours the other night. Intense mouse usage. That may explain the hands. And all that standing at the show last weekend may explain the knees and hips. Even so, I managed to get out and do 2 1/2 k on the bike yesterday. First ride of the year. I also read three pocket books. I bought a huge bag full of crappy novels at the local library, and I'm working my way through them.

I guess others have much worse lives than I do. I should count my blessings, but Iwant to enjoy my pity party first.

No comments: