Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Overload! I'm on Overload!

Too much is happening. I'm probably overcommitted, and I'm committing to more. I want to get working in the studio, but life keeps getting in the way. We managed to get a company in to shampoo the livingroom and hallway on Monday. We still haven't got any of the furniture back in place, and should be tackling that today. I have some basic cleaning to get done, ( kitchen& bathroom), and then a meeting tonight. At least at the meeting tonight, I'll get rid of the last of the boxes of fabric--these to a charity project. Then tomorrow I'm off to Gimli to evaluate venues for the 2010 FAN retreat. How do I get into these things?

All of the extra money we had two weeks ago is gone, but most of it had been spoken for when we got it. Other than our mortgage, we have no debts, which is a great feeling, but when I finish this I have a little bit of internet shopping to do, so that feeling won't last long. I've found it so much easier to renew magazine subscriptions that way, especially American ones. I no longer subscribe to many, but those I have are important to me. I also want to buy a couple of quilting books. I have one on loan right now, that I want to take a good look at before I buy it, but so far it looks good--The Quilting Arts Book. Yes, it is a lot of techniques that have appeared in the magazine, but in the book, the information is expanded, and there is even some new information.
I'm also going to take a good look at the books for sale on the Quilting Arts site, and may buy more than one of them. I know that Amazon or Abe Books are better sites. and may be worth a look as well, but you pretty well need to know what you want before you go there.

Today was garbage and recycling day, but for some reason DH forgot. He heard the truck while we were still sleeping, roared outof bed, and ended up chasing the garbage truck over a block away. I didn't know he had it in him. Mind you, he's still splayed out in his chair breathing heavily. Hope he recovers, I need him to help put all the furniture back today.

No comments: