Sunday, April 19, 2009

Well, aren't I a fool!

The "poorly maintained back road" turned out to be a better maintained, shorter route into the venue. Given a choice, I think this is how I would travel there in future. (for those of you familiar with the area, I'm talking about McCreary Rd-- aka Shaftesbury Blvd south of Wilkes). We still had problems, and the sale is certainly not what we expected, but I should make enough to cover daily expenses ( gas and food) I was pleased that my fabric paper journal covers are selling well. I'll have to make more of those for the next sale. We even had a bus load of non-English speaking students show up--not that any of them bought anything! Try explaining someone spinning dog hair into yarn that they knit to make tiny stuffed Teddy Bears to three young men who don't speak English! I ended up saying "big white dog" before I got nods of comprehension. So we're back there today. The organizing charity is desperately trying to sell raffle tickets on a quilt. It may be the only way they break even, although they had been counting on the raffle to make money for another project.

No comments: