Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

Does anyone notice how the home page of Google is changed according to things like Earth Day? I noticed on St Patrick's Day when there were Shamrocks growing out of the Google name. The image today is particularly nice.

I think I'll be celebrating Earth day by flooding the backyard with tears of joy. Last week our chequing account was suddenly much lower than expected. I've been desperately trying to figure out what withdrawl I had missed recording. We had set ourselves a fairly stringent cash budget, and were determined not to exceed it, but this had left us with very little money to last until the end of the month. We were arguing about how I could have been so sloppy as to miss such a big withdrawl, or more likely several withdrawls. Yesterday we decided to bite the bullet and went into the bank to transfer money from savings, only to be told that there had been a bank error, and our money had been deposited in someone else's account. We're fine, in fact, because we thought we were broke, we had been careful, and actually have more than we budgetted in there. But I learned something important. Once or twice before I have missed an withdrawl, and gone in to find outwhere my money was. It's always been my fault, so this time I assumed that it was again. But banks do make errors. If the other fellow hadn't gone in to find out why there was so much extra in his account, we might never have got our money back. So next time I'll ask

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Yup, they've been doing it for some time. Glad to hear that you got the money back.