Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earth day events

We went to a special event that had been set up as a means to dispose of electronic equipment. We got there about 15 minutes before the site was to open, and there was traffic like you wouldn't believe. It was out of the lot and down the street, so we just looked at each other, and turned around and drove home. It was on the other side of town, so I hate to think how much gas we burned, just trying to do a bit for the environment.

Last night was my first class in Photo Shop Elements. This involves 8 -2 1/2 hour classes, and we won't be using computers. I really don't know what to say. He has divided the process into three overall tasks. First you"capture the image". This means how to use a camera. Then you "process" the image--actually manipulate it in the computer. And thirdly, you "output" the image in some way--print, e-mail, whatever. He evidently plans to bring a lap top and projector to demonstrate how to do these things. It would also appear that he is "the only game in town". No-one else, locally, is teaching this. I can still get some of my money back after the second class. So I will go next week and see if I'm anymore comfortable. If nothing else, maybe I can become more comfortable with my camera.

No comments: