Monday, April 20, 2009

Totally exhausted

Came home last night and vegged out for a couple of hours, then to bed by about 10:00--really early for me. Overall I made out okay. My sales were about 30% less than last year, but this year there was signifiacntly more publicity. The weather was cold and windy, and the closed road didn't help. The organizing charity might have broken even, but this is one of their fundraisers, so I can see problems there. They were trying to raffle a quilt, but sold very few tickets.

While it was mostly small stuff that I sold, I need to review my market strategy. I knew that the small stuff would sell first. I haven't yet had a chance to re-count and figure out exactly how much of what sold, but I have a hunch I'm going to need to make more small stuff forthe next sale. I had thought that I might have enough for two sales or more, but it sure doesn't look like it. I can also see that I need to make more matted collages, and I sold out of fabric paper journal covers. Journalling is a current trend, and the covers will probably only sell this year--so I better be ready.

But today I'm off to Pinawa to take a look at a venue for the retreat in 2010.

No comments: